Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A house in less than 24 hrs?!!!

The next day we had a home cooked breakfast, mmmmmmm. I called Craftsman Restoration to let the owner know that I had made it to town and was interested in meeting with him. The phone interview I had before Christmas with the HR lady he uses was very positive and she had told me to contact him once i got to town. I talked to his new shop manager and we set to meet at 10 a.m. on Tuesday. So, we went to see the home in Orangevale which is 25 minutes from where David's house is. The owner was a very nice lady and showed us the whole house. We were standing in the backyard when she asked me about my employment. I told her I had an interview the next day. She said, " Oh, ok." I thought for sure that wasn't going to be good enough to rent the house so I offered that I had thought about plumbing if that didn't work out. She still didn't seem concerned at all. Let me stop here and preface this part of the story:

David and Ariel had already looked at this house several days ago. There was someone looking at it before them and someone waiting when they left. There was no application fee since it was an owner and not a property management. So we figured we would give it a go even though all my financial info was packed in the trailer in my desk. David filled out my application for me and emailed them. A few days later he called to see if she had received the email. She had not received them so he corrected the email and sent them. Then she called the night we got in and asked if we wanted to look at the house because we were the first ones to get in our application and she was getting several calls about the house since then.

Ok, so then we walk in the house and she tells us about all the calls she has been getting and asks if we want the house or not. I was speechless, I didn't even have time to think. I was caught totally off guard and didn't know what to say. I knew then that she must REALLY like us and even trust us. (That was God!) She had mentioned choosing tenants for who they are and not their credit score during our talks. So, I agreed we should jump on it and we set up a meeting with her to sign the lease and pay the fees. Rick's wife Katie was there when Jan was telling us where to meet her and found out she lived only about a mile from David now. Katie was shocked. I think she saw that as another confirmation that this was really God. So, not only did Jan agree to rent us the house, but there was an above ground pool the previous tenant would leave if we wanted it. You also have to know that the back yards here are smaller than the yard we had in Memphis even before we joined the yards. Most of the houses that David has looked at were small or really small, more like a strip of grass. But this yard is about the size of the two yards combined in Memphis and has a concrete patio and basketball goal, a pool, a place for a garden, and a patio area with a canopy right outside the master bedroom! So, we not only get a house with 5 bedrooms and 3 baths, but we get a pool the kids can't fall in, a place to garden, play and relax outdoors! And as if that wasn't enough, the prior tenant has a trampoline that still had to be hauled off. So, David told Jan we would buy it if the tenant didn't want to move it. So, we received an email from Jan saying we could HAVE the trampoline! The pads and net were in the garage and it looked to be in great shape! David told us that during dinner and then explained that his boys have been praying for a trampoline for over a year! WHO IS LIKE OUR GOD?!!! At that point we all quit eating and all the kids sat in a circle thanking God for all He had done. God is definatly not leaving any place for doubt as to whether or not He wants us there. David and I went to the men's mtg to meet with Rick and Tim and I tried to stay awake. What a day! Thursday is our moving day and I am already packed! We are shopping for a washer, dryer and fridge on craigslist with the left over money we had saved for the deposit and rent. Jan pro rated January for us so we have a few hundred left for appliances. God thought of everything! The ladies were already shopping online while we were at Rick's.

Stephen

No comments:

Post a Comment