Monday, May 28, 2012

The Church in California

This is Ayala...

I have been very reluctant to call any gathered group of people the Church since growing up in a group of people who demonstrated the body of Christ better than any other place I have seen. At least in America.  So, I am saying all this to say, that it's not a light thing for me to say that God is building His church out here in California.

This morning we had a gathering and I hardly have a way to describe how amazing it was to watch God in our midst, building His church right in front of our eyes.  It isn't anything that we are doing.  No special teachers or strategic planning on our part.  I just feel like we get to show up and "be" part of an awesome body of Christ that gets revealed more as more of His body comes into place.  Each person has a unique part that adds, and slowly His bride is being revealed to us.  I guess I'm so excited, because growing up in the body of Christ I took for granted that we were brought together in Tennessee to be His bride.  I never saw the miracle that it truly is.  Now, after spending almost 5 years in Memphis and visiting several other churches and even some home groups, I know how much of a miracle and blessing it really is.  I can't believe I get to be here to witness and participate in the church He is building in California now.  When we come together the Spirit is with us.  (If you are reading this, please pray for us as we come together, because the opposition increases as we do so.)  I love all the people here.  They are filling my heart.  Now I can see why Noah has to go back to Africa, for the rest of his heart!  I am so grateful to be chosen by my Father to be a part of His beautiful bride.

Ayala

2 comments:

  1. LOVED this post, Aya. This is good news indeed. Thanks for posting. Love you all dearly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you. Keep up the writing. Miss you and can't wait to see you all again

    ReplyDelete