Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The heart of a disciple

As I ride the train this morning I am in awe of how God works. Over and over I have watched the importance of sharing what is on our hearts with our brothers and sisters. Even when I dont think that my work situation is worth sharing, it allows others to give their part. Sometimes its a similar situation, but even better is the words of encouragment to stay steadfast in the promises of our Lord.

Then there was the time that Ariel shared at a gathering even when opposition was trying to stop her, that a very dear but weary disciple was touched by God.  It was amazing how Ariel talked about what God was doing in her life and all of a sudden this desert weary and hardened heart melted and she realized that she found what she had been looking so long for. Up until that last testimony shared though, she thought we were just one more group claiming to be a church. Just a simple testimony, but so much more in the hands of Christ.

And finally a brother I really like came on Sunday and shared about how he feals like God wants him to experience the love of God and stand in that. Own it and not just believe the principle of that truth. It sounds simple as I type it, but when someone brings the word of God, you feel fed. It was like that. The Word had visited us through the seemingly simple thoughts or struggle of his week.

So I share this to remind people to not hold back the Word from each other.

Praise God, Rick and Katie are moved in! Ayala and I walked down there last night and hung out untill 11. It was so nice.  Keep us in your prayers.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.5

No comments:

Post a Comment